Favorite Way To Exfoliate | Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner


  I've always suffered with annoying breakout which have now turned into annoying marks, that are really hard to get rid of, as you probably all know. That's why I've always been careful to use an exfoliant on my skin, no matter if it was a mechanical one or a chemical one. However, lately I've realized that the wrong mechanical exfoliant can make my skin worse while a chemical one is doing the job a lot more gently and efficiently.

  I've recently stumbled across the Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner and thought I'd give it a try as it is such a hyped up product in the beauty industry and my Clarins Gentle Exfoliater Brightening Toner was running out. It was definitely a good choice!

   The product comes in a plastic bottle, it's blue (woho!) and smells amazing. I can't describe what it smells like but it reminds me of some bath beads I used when I was little. It was my favourite smell ever and I was so surprised to find it when I first applied the toner.

   It says on the bottle to avoid using it on active breakout and save it for clear-skin days but that would mean I would never get to use it (hurray!). So I use it any ways and yes, it does sting a little bit. Your get used to it eventually. Other than that, the active breakout don't get inflamed or red or worse in any way. I think it even helps them to heal quicker.

  I apply it on cotton pad and swipe it across my face, avoiding the eye area. I do this every night after cleansing my face, before applying the serum.

  I can really see an improvement in my skin and it's only been a month since I've started using this. It's an amazing glycolic toner which really gets rid of dead cells and fastens the healing process. My skin texture has been refined and my scars have faded considerably. I am very impress with this and I think it is a very good alternative for stronger exfoliants than the Clarins one, like the Pixi Glow Tonic or the Liquid Gold one.

   I ordered it online but I'm sure you can find it in certain stores as well, depending on where you live. It retails for about £12-16 and I suggest you try it out if you have the same skin concerns as me.

2 comments:

  1. I need to give this a try, I have a bit of scarring on the side of my cheek from my last breakout.

    Hopes Dreams Laughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! It speeds up the fading process a lot! :)

      Delete